2010年10月12日火曜日

"Time is precious"

Writer feels that time runs fast, when he enter every new year. Meanwhile he is reminded of his grandfather.
He spent his life for foolhardy activities. Writer thought how to make better use of his time. It was that he spend his time supporting children's spiritual development.


I read this article and felt .........

I feels that time runs fast after come of age. Recently some of my friends got married and my environment have been changing. My parents told to think about my future.
The way I see, I feel sorry to them. There are some things that we can only do when we are young. For example, fashion, night out and using student discount.


So I still keep doing what I want. Writer said "how do we stop the vandal of time?". I don't know things I am doing are wrong or not. I am doing just for fun. However I am graduating on next year. It's time to think my future.


Article:



"January 1st certainly witnesses one of the world's biggest annual celebration."

witness(to see something happen):I witnessed a robbery.



"our hearts are replete with expectations"

replete with (full of something): SPACE ALC is replete with examples of English sentences.



"to make New Year's resolutions" 新年の抱負



"it penetrates and governs life, society and the universe as a relentless force."

penetrate(to enter something and pass or spread through it, especially when this is difficult):bullets that penetrate thick armor

relentless (容赦ない、過酷な): The police kept asking her relentless questions.



"I am reminded of an insightful story"

insightful(洞察力のある): He is so insightful.

material possession(物質的財産)



"He undoubtedly wished he could live a little longer to provide his children with some words of wisdom, and undo the wrongful deeds of his past."

undoubtedly (defenitely true): That is undoubtedly true.

wisdom (knowledge gained over a long period of time through learning or experience)

deed(行い): Have you done a good deed?


"The crucial question becomes: "How do we stop the vandal of time?""

crucial(extremely important): crucial difference 重大な間違い





1 件のコメント:

  1. Very good work! You are doing very well. I think, though, that you would really benefit from using Lang-8. The English that you write is pretty easy to understand but there are quite a few errors that I think you could easily learn to avoid if you practiced writing regularly on Lang-8.

    返信削除