2009年7月18日土曜日

"Tiger shoots 1-over 71 at Turnberry"

At the British Open, Tiger Woods is bad form.

Anyway, I notice Ryo Ishikawa!!!
He is great person who is 17 years old.
I'm so happy that Japanese flourish in international :)





If you want to read this article, please click here.
http://mdn.mainichi.jp/mdnnews/sports/news/20090717p2g00m0dm006000c.html



pedestrain(歩行者専用の) : Tiger Woods produced a pedestrian round at the British Open.
reminiscent(思い出させる) : It was reminiscent of the opening round.
exception(例外) : There were a few exception.

get away from(~から逃れる、逃げる) : It got away from him at the end.
gorse bush(ハリエニシダの茂み) : The ball stopped a yard in front of gorse bush.
gorse is a prickly bush with bright yellow flowers, which grows in the countryside in Europe

deficit (不足): The seven shot deficit is the largest Woods has ever faced in the first round of the British Open.
get ~ squared away(~を仕上げる) : I need to get it squared away.

1 件のコメント:

  1. You should be using an English-English dictionary!!!! I think I have told you this before. Also, you need to think more carefully about the context of the words you study. For example, the word "pedestrian" has more than one meaning. In the Longman Dictionary (which I have recommended to you many times) "pedestrian" is defined as follows: "ordinary and uninteresting and without any imagination." This "ordinary" meaning fits the context of the sentence you have quoted. I would like you to post one more time, showing me that you can use the Longman Dictionary well, in order to get an "A" in this course.

    返信削除